Weddings are usually “shrouded” in an aura of tradition and etiquette – and considering how many “rules” there are, it can be quite difficult for a couple to decide what is and what is not acceptable for their Big Day.
For example, the Dollar Dance is one of the most frequently debated wedding traditions – but that doesn’t mean you have to “banish” it completely. How so? Even more, what exactly is the Dollar Dance and is it acceptable to have it at your wedding?
Some tips to help clear things up:
- The Dollar Dance is a special dance that’s incorporated in weddings of many cultures (such as Greek, Polish or Nigerian). During this dance, the couple is showered with money as a token of good wishes and to help the newlyweds on their journey.
- Because it involves asking guests for money, some people stay away from this tradition, thinking that it might be offensive. It can be rude, especially if your friends and family are not fully familiar with the custom. If most of the guests know, it is OK to have it at your wedding. To make things clearer for the guests who don’t know what the Dollar Dance is, provide them with a small explicative note and ask them to participate if they’d like.
- If you decide to have the Dollar Dance at your wedding, make sure to choose a very good song for it. Some of the most popular suggestions include John Legend’s All of Me, Elton John’s Can You Feel the Love Tonight and Nat King Cole’s Unforgettable. For those of you who want to make the moment more humorous, Madonna’s Material Girl or Travie McCoy’s Billionaire may be good choices.
Carolina Weddings Show has brought together exquisite wedding professionals in the state of North Carolina – so if your wedding is here and if you want it to be unforgettably fabulous, visit us!
Do you want your guests to have a great time at your wedding? Here are some secrets...
These are the people who have come a long way to celebrate your beautiful union, your closest friends and relatives. You want them to have a great time at your wedding – and sprinkling everything with a good dose of entertainment is crucial when it comes to this.
So, how do you ensure all guests have the time of their lives? Here are some tips:
- Do It Yourself food bars: Having good food at your wedding is important – and if you want to make your delicious dishes fun as well, consider organizing an interactive food station. DIY macaroni and cheese, DIY hot chocolate, DIY ice cream, DIY tacos – you name it and you will be able to include it into a fun food station.
- Fun wedding favors: Forget about magnets and key chains displaying your engagement photos. Think of wedding favors that are entertaining and will put a smile on your guests’ faces. For example, a “next day kit” including sunglasses, Advil and a special blend of coffee could be a really unique idea!
- Be careful with your seating chart. If you want your guests to have a good time, seat them next to people they get along with. Also, if you plan on playing matchmaker, be sure not to make guests feel awkward by placing them at an “all-single” table – it will not help anyone break the ice very easily.
The Carolina Weddings Show has brought together exquisitely talented vendors – so if you are searching for the best of the best in the Triad, pay us a visit. Your wedding will be absolutely unforgettable!
Photo source: flickr.com/ Ally Mauro
Plan the perfect wedding ceremony by knowing these do's and don'ts that many people overlook:
Your wedding ceremony is bound to be magical and truly unforgettable. However, if you want everything to turn out really well, make sure you plan everything carefully. Here are some of the absolute do’s and don’ts to remember for a perfect wedding ceremony:
- Create a realistic "day-of" schedule and allow extra time for the “getting ready” part. The last thing you want is to be late for your own wedding!
- Get to know your officiant. Make sure he/she is really suitable for you and that you are on the same page with ideas. After all, you really don’t want your officiant to say things you don’t really believe in, right?
- If you want an outdoor ceremony, be certain you have a backup plan, so that rain doesn't ruin your big moment.
- Don’t make people do a reading during the ceremony. If you have friends or relatives who are shy and who wouldn’t feel comfortable with this kind of things,do not insist too much.
- Don’t put all of your flowers at the entrance. Spread them evenly, so that the entire ceremony site looks graceful and fabulous.
- Don’t pick a ceremony site too far from the reception venue. You don't want your guests to get “lost" in a town they may not be that familiar with.
Planning a wedding in North Carolina? Searching for the most exquisite wedding vendors here? Come visit Carolina Weddings Show – we have brought the best of the best together, under one roof! Come visit us and choose your favorite vendors!
Photo source: flickr.com/ bruce.bentley
Wedding Shows are very important and helpful when planning your wedding; here are some reasons why you should attend:
Planning a wedding can be a difficult process (we're not telling you anything you don't know, there, are we?). It can be quite daunting – especially considering the huge number of details you will have to take into account when it comes to the Big Day.
So: What is a Wedding Show, more exactly, and why would you want to attend one? We have gathered some of the most important tips you should know about this – so read on.
- Wedding Shows gather experienced wedding vendors ready to assist and provide you with their services. From photographers to caterers, wedding planners and florists, everyone you will need on your wedding day will be there.
- Because there are so many amazing professionals under one roof, it will be easier (and faster!) for you to choose those you need for your Big Day. Instead of visiting 10 vendors and checking out their offers over the course of 1-2 months, you will be able to do this with just one visit to the Wedding Show.
- Many Wedding Shows organize runway fashion shows with the latest wedding gown collections. This will help you choose your dream wedding dress easier (and, if not, it will at least give you an idea of what styles exist).
- Visiting a Wedding Show is an excellent idea for planning a destination wedding. Many times, Wedding Shows have vendors from some of the most popular wedding destinations. This way you can actually talk with them face to face before booking.
- Last, but definitely not least, a Wedding Show can be a great source of inspiration. It canstimulate your creativity to find the best and most unique wedding ideas. This is fun and helpful, and will give you a better grasp of what you want (and don’t want) for your Big Day.
The Carolina Weddings Show brings together the Triad's most experienced and passionate wedding professionals! Come take a look, hire your favorite vendors and allow them to build your unforgettable wedding!
Photo source: flickr.com/ philwirks