Press releases, product promotions and requests for editorial calendars may be sent by fax or
e-mail to the editor. If you're including images, they should be in .jpg or .tif format. To submit information for our News You Can Use section, send the following to the Editor:
- Business name and contact name
- Contact information (mailing address, phone, email, etc)
- Details about what you're promoting (expansion of your facility, new product or service, etc.)
- Please put "News You Can Use" in the subject line.
We accept queries and complete articles from freelance writers on any and all topics relating to wedding planning and trends. Please keep in mind that we angle our articles to fit our regional audience and, therefore, must pre-approve all sources. We suggest that you read a few issues to get a sense of our style and presentation.Unsolicited articles and queries (see guidelines below)-accompanied by clips and a resume-may be sent by e-mail to the editor (please put "Article Query" in the subject line), or by regular mail (non-returnable) to Bride & GroomªMagazine, Attn: Managing Editor, 334 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA 01545. We are not responsible for any original material submitted by regular mail.
What We Accept
- Regular articles on a particular topic with two - three sources quoted (minimum word count 750).
- Feature articles covering major topics such as reception sites, event planning, the latest wedding trends, etc. that highlight three to five sources and are run with professional photos (minimum word count 1200).
- Honeymoon articles featuring either one or more sites/destinations (minimum word count 750). A list of PR contacts (and their contact information) is required.
- Manuscripts submitted electronically should be as MSWord documents using the Times or Times New Roman font in 10-pt. or 12-pt. and single-spaced.
- When quoting local resources, include full contact name, business name, and the city and state in which they are based.
- Sidebars are welcome and encouraged.
- Professional photos illustrating the topic covered in your article are also welcome. Image files should be .jpg or .tif with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi and a minimum dimension of 4" x 6". Please include detailed captions and the proper photo credit (listing the photographer's name and including a Web address or phone number). Multiple images should be sent on a CD; single images under 8MB may be e-mailed to the editor.
- Pay rate is a flat fee determined by the type of article written and is discussed directly with the writer.